Meet all of your future wedding vendors and complete your wedding planning at ONE event! On Tuesday, March 28th at 5:00pm join 100 of New York’s most sought after wedding service providers. The list includes but not limited to accessories, cake designers, dresses, djs, event planners, and caters. For more information and to buy tickets, click here.
Need to find the perfect ring for your perfect girl? We have the perfect event for you. The Ultimate Ring Event is being held on February 24th and 25th at I Gorman Jewelers. You’ll have the chance to browse through hundreds of engagement rings and wedding bands. Guys, you can come alone or with your bride to be, there will be eight incredible designers to help you custom design and pick the perfect ring. Explore a wide selection of loose diamonds and one of a kind gemstones. As an added bonus you will receive 10% off all purchases during the event. For a full list of designers and more details click here.
Combine date night with wedding planning at one of DC's premier wedding venues, the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center on March 3, 2017 for The Engaged! Event. “We are giving couples the opportunity to meet and greet the best of the best wedding vendors, establish a rapport and book appointments to further discuss wants and needs for the wedding day. The Engaged! Event will serve as your efficient introduction to the finest wedding professionals and services in one evening!”
For full details and to buy tickets, click here.
Spice up your Valentine's Day plans with a sexy workout with Bae! Join Master Trainer Deanna Jefferson and her Celebrity Chef beau JR Robinson on February 15th for a date night you will never forget. For full details and to buy tickets, click here.
Are you on the hunt for unique pieces for the next big event in your life? Or a multicultural bride, looking for something new and different for upcoming wedding festivities? Then look no further than the African Pop Up Shop, featuring fashions by Obioma Fashion, the Hut Salud, and Noni. For full details and to reserve your spot, click here.
When planning a wedding, there are many details. What flowers to get, what dress to wear and my personal favorite what food to eat. With all of the major details to work out, sometimes the small details fall through the cracks, like who should be in the ceremony processional, and it what order. Believe it or not, at almost all of our final client meetings, this is often the one thing our couples hadn’t thought about yet. While there is no right or wrong order, Perfect Wedding Guide put together a great infographic to help you get started.
Source: The Perfect Wedding Guide
Dancing and Music brought them together and music is what continues to keep their bond strong. Nakia and Kenny met by chance at Morgan State University at a Dance Concert. She was there with her students that were performing that evening and he kindly interrupted her conversation with a mutual friend of theirs. Nakia and Kenny have been inseparable ever since.
Kenny proposed to Nakia in 2014 after Thanksgiving dinner. Full of happy tears, Nakia undoubtedly said yes! The couple look forward to celebrating their nuptials in June with an elegant purple and silver themed wedding.
Photo Credit: Renee Hollingshead
Hey #FavoredFamily! You are Invited to The Floral Experience by Karen Tran at The Greenbrier. See below for more information.
We are only one month away from welcoming Karen Tran and her exciting Floral Experience workshop to The Greenbrier! This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for floral designers and enthusiasts alike. Don’t miss the chance to secure your spot to learn from one of the industry’s leading experts!
This three day, hands-on workshop will offer participants the chance to fine-tune their business savvy, while experiencing and collaborating on the production of a high end event. The weekend will culminate in an extravagantly themed gala dinner where attendees can dine with new industry friends.
To learn more, please visit www.thefloralexperience.com and share this information with those on your team and within your professional circle! All are welcome to register! We hope to see you there!
Do you want to incorporate a theme into your wedding but have no idea how to fit it in? If you are having a March wedding, naturally a St. Patrick's Day theme will fit perfectly and you can execute the theme without your wedding looking cheesy. Selecting an appropriate color palate is the easiest way to get creative with your theme. Emerald is a very popular shade of green this year and would perfectly accent any venue or you could really make things pop with a more neon green like our #FavoredCouple Salai and Matt.
Another way to tie in the St. Patrick's Day Theme is by picking a signature cocktail. Guests can enjoy your delicious green or Irish inspired drink during Cocktail Hour or while dancing the night way at the Reception. Signature drinks are also a great way to save money on the bar. Offer guests beer, wine and a signature cocktail in lieu of a Full Bar to cut costs while still having a variety of drinks to chose from. Liquor.com has a great list of St. Patty's Day Drinks, but below are two of my favorites.
The Gin on Gin Julep
.5 oz Rich Simple Syrup (two parts sugar, one part water)
- 15 Large Mint Leaves
- 1 oz Bols Genever
- 1 oz Plymouth Gin
- 1 splash Club Soda
- Garnish: 1 Mint Sprig
- Glass: Julep
- In a Julep cup, muddle the simple syrup and mint
- Fill with crushed or pellet ice and add the genever and gin
- Top with the club soda and stir until combined
- Garnish with a mint sprig
Hemingway Daiquiri Cocktail
2 cp White Rum
- .75 cp Key Lime Juice
- .5 cp Grapefruit Juice
- .5 cp Maraschino Liqueur
- 2 tbsp. Simple Syrup
- Garnish: 1 Lime Wheel
- Glass: Wine
- Add all ingredients to a blender and fill with ice
- Cover and pulse the blender until the drink has a slushy consistency
- Divide the contents of the blender between 8 wine glasses and garnish each with a lime wheel
Favored by Yodit Events has an Engagement Season Gift Just for You!
Did you know? 28% of proposals take place between December and February—making it the most popular time of year to get engaged. The winter holidays are filled with family and love, so it’s only natural that this time of year is among the most popular for engagements. If you’re a lucky couple who recently got engaged, congratulations! As an engagement gift to you, we’re going to share the first five steps you should take from here:
1. Let everyone know the big news. Don’t instantly announce your engagement on social media and let everyone find out that way. Instead, reach out personally to your friends and relatives to share the big news. This is also a great time to ask wedding attendants if they’ll stand up for you (if you already know who you want to ask). 2. Set the budget. The first big step of wedding planning is setting the budget. You can ask your parents if they intend to contribute anything to the wedding so you can include that money in the final amount. Once that number is set, don’t stray from it! 3. Finalize your guest list. Yes, we mean finalize. Before you know how much money you can afford to spend on any of your wedding services, you need to know how many guests you’ll have to feed. Pare that list down as much as possible to help stretch your budget. 4. Get a wedding planner. Whether you work with a professional planner or go the DIY route and hire a coordinator, stay organized and on a timeline to make the planning process as stress-free as possible. 5. Find a venue. It may seem more logical to set a date before selecting a venue, but being flexible on your wedding date can actually help you find the perfect venue because you’re willing to book your wedding when the venue is available. The venue may also offer discounts on certain days of the week or times of the day, so your flexibility can allow you to take advantage of those.
These five steps will kick-start your wedding planning. We hope that you enjoy this special time of being engaged. The big day will be here before you know it!
If you have questions about this or other wedding-related topics, please leave a comment or email email@example.com so we can get back to you.
Source: Perfect Wedding Guide
Men, today is your day! Gone are the days of spending hours in a tux rental store trying on a suit that you will literally only see for 24 hours. The Blk Tux has completely taken all of the guess-work out of tux shopping and made the process easy and seamless. Not only is this amazing for grooms, but now brides can take one more thing OFF of their checklist. When I was first introduced to this service, I thought it was a great idea but was expecting it to be expensive. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the pricing was comparable to what you would find in your local and chain rental stores, possibly even cheaper if you include the shoes.
The Blx Tux promises three things, Quality, Convenience, and Value.
Quality: We partnered directly with one of the world's finest suit-makers to create the greatest rental tux ever designed. The old tux shop is offering a worn out tux, with an outdated fit, at a higher cost.
Convenience: We ship anywhere in the continental US, and your order arrives a full week before your event date. Just send it back when you are done. Free shipping, both ways.
Value: We've cut out the middleman, and we're passing the savings to you. Their best $220 tux rental doesn't come close to our quality, and our prices start at $95.
Have you used The Blk Tux? How was your experience? Let us know in the comments below. For more information check out the website here: https://theblacktux.com/
When planning your wedding, one of the most important vendors you will hire (outside of your wedding planner) is your photographer. When your first kiss as husband and wife is over, the cake is gone, and the flowers have wilted all you will have left are the pictures. Make sure that you hire someone that understands your vision and will be able to capture all of your once in a lifetime moments. How do you do that? Well I am glad you asked! Check out “14 Questions to Ask a Wedding Photographer” put together by WeddingWire.
How would you describe your style of photography and can I see examples?
You’ll likely hear words like “photojournalistic,” “traditional,” “formal,” “documentary,” or “creative” but frequently these mean different things to different people. Ask a photographer to walk you through his or her work to help illuminate a description.
Have you ever photographed a wedding in my venue before?
If the answer is yes, ask to see the images that were shot at your venue to make sure they mesh with your vision. If the answer is no, it’s certainly not a deal-breaker, but see if the photographer would be willing to “scout” or check out your location in advance of the wedding to pick backdrops, etc.
Will you be the one photographing my wedding?
If the photographer works solo, the answer would be an obvious yes. However, if you’re interviewing a photographer from a bigger company, make sure that the person you’re talking to will be the one who will show up on your wedding day.
What if you get sick or an emergency comes up and you can’t photographer my wedding?
A photographer who works alone should have a good back-up plan in case of emergency, one that makes you feel comfortable and secure.
Are you insured?
A professional photographer should have insurance in case their equipment breaks, is stolen, or an accident occurs.
Can I see the album from a full wedding?
Some photographers will just show you a collection of their best images, instead of the full set of images from a wedding, start to finish. You’ll want to see images from every part of a wedding – getting ready, the ceremony, first dance, etc. – not just the most creative or dreamy portraits.
For the full list check out:
Do you remember that time you went to a wedding expecting a full three course meal so you skipped lunch to fit into your dress and you got there and they were only serving light hors d'oeuvres? Or when you wore your new suede pumps to that wedding last August only to get there and find out that the ceremony is outside in the grass. As you sat there googling, “how to remove grass stains from suede” or digging in your purse praying that one of the M&Ms from the bag you bought yesterday dropped in the bottom of your bag you VOWED *see what I did there* that you would communicate better when it was your turn to get married. While you are making notes of all of the things you would do different, take a look at the top wedding guest complaints by BrideBox.
1. A difficult date: Everyone knows Christmas is your favorite holiday and a winter wonderland wedding with red and green accents would be the PERFECT backdrop for your special day. However, a wedding on Christmas Day or any other holiday could prove to be very difficult for your guests to attend. Travel plans for big holidays are often made months in advance, so if your heart is set on that date give your guests plenty of time to plan.
2. An uncomfortable climate: Having your wedding at noon outside in July was a great idea until the day of the wedding and it is 200 degrees outside. You don’t want your guests spending more time trying to redirect the sweat dripping from their forehead than paying attention to the ceremony. For moments where weather could affect your guests, get creative. Make your programs dual purpose by making them fans, or provide your guests a pashmina or blanket for chilly nights.
3. Disregarded dietary restrictions: As a new pescetarian this complaint is close to my heart. When selecting your menu, be sure to keep in mind those that have dietary restrictions. There is nothing worse than getting to a venue and the only options are chicken and steak with no vegetarian options. Be sure to ask if your guests have any special needs on the RSVP card so that they can be properly taken care at the reception.
For the full list of Top Wedding Guest Complaints, be sure to visit bridebox.com!
On March 1, 2015 Favored Owner Yodit Gebreyes and one of our Favored Brides attended the Capital Bridal Affair (CBA) and Fashion Show at The Mayflower DC. If you have never been there, it is a beautiful hotel located downtown near the White House and the perfect venue for a luxury wedding. In October, we have the privilege of planning a wedding there and the CBA was the perfect event to get our brides creative juices flowing.
The official photographer was Rodney Bailey who has been voted the “Top Wedding Photojournalist” by Washingtonian Magazine since 1999. For more on Rodney Bailey and to see more of his amazing work, check out his website here: http://www.rodneybailey.com/index2.html#intro/home
Are you a bride that has always dreamed about having a wedding at the National Harbor but aren't quite sure how to pull it off? Well today is your lucky day! The National Harbor, the WeddingWire and 94.7 Fresh FM have an incredible contest going on where you can WIN your rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception.
Enter to win the romantic, waterfront wedding of your dreams at National Harbor. National Harbor is partnering with WeddingWire and 94.7 Fresh FM to bring one lucky couple from the greater Maryland, DC, and Virginia area an amazing spring wedding, right on the Potomac.
With help from our team of professionals, we’ll take care of the dress, rehearsal brunch cruise, wedding ceremony and reception.
After the winning couple is announced on April 16, they’ll meet with the National Harbor team to get ready for the big day, Sunday, April 26, 2015!
Contest ends on March 30th.
Among many prizes, the package includes:
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties at Bobby McKey’s
- Rehearsal brunch cruise onboard the National Elite
- Wedding gown, jewelry, veil, and groom’s tuxedo provided by House of JonLei Atelier
- Professional photographs and album by WEPS
- Hair and makeup for the bride
- Wedding and cocktail reception at The Sunset Room by Wolfgang Puck
- Wedding reception on The Pier by several National Harbor restaurants
- One-night stay in the Suite at AC Hotels by Marriott at National Harbor
For more details and to enter: http://www.nationalharbor.com/destinationwedding/?utm_source=FacebookContent&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=DestinationWeddingEntryPeriod
In honor of St. Patrick's Day we are featuring our clients, Tiffany & Keith's October D.C. Wedding at The Josephine Butler Park Center to give future brides some inspiration for wear to pick out the perfect classy long emerald green bridesmaid dresses for your green wedding color palette. We love bringing our client's visions come to live, from bouquets to bridesmaids dresses, centerpieces to cakes.