Meet all of your future wedding vendors and complete your wedding planning at ONE event! On Tuesday, March 28th at 5:00pm join 100 of New York’s most sought after wedding service providers. The list includes but not limited to accessories, cake designers, dresses, djs, event planners, and caters. For more information and to buy tickets, click here.
Favored by Yodit Events has an Engagement Season Gift Just for You!
Did you know? 28% of proposals take place between December and February—making it the most popular time of year to get engaged. The winter holidays are filled with family and love, so it’s only natural that this time of year is among the most popular for engagements. If you’re a lucky couple who recently got engaged, congratulations! As an engagement gift to you, we’re going to share the first five steps you should take from here:
1. Let everyone know the big news. Don’t instantly announce your engagement on social media and let everyone find out that way. Instead, reach out personally to your friends and relatives to share the big news. This is also a great time to ask wedding attendants if they’ll stand up for you (if you already know who you want to ask). 2. Set the budget. The first big step of wedding planning is setting the budget. You can ask your parents if they intend to contribute anything to the wedding so you can include that money in the final amount. Once that number is set, don’t stray from it! 3. Finalize your guest list. Yes, we mean finalize. Before you know how much money you can afford to spend on any of your wedding services, you need to know how many guests you’ll have to feed. Pare that list down as much as possible to help stretch your budget. 4. Get a wedding planner. Whether you work with a professional planner or go the DIY route and hire a coordinator, stay organized and on a timeline to make the planning process as stress-free as possible. 5. Find a venue. It may seem more logical to set a date before selecting a venue, but being flexible on your wedding date can actually help you find the perfect venue because you’re willing to book your wedding when the venue is available. The venue may also offer discounts on certain days of the week or times of the day, so your flexibility can allow you to take advantage of those.
These five steps will kick-start your wedding planning. We hope that you enjoy this special time of being engaged. The big day will be here before you know it!
If you have questions about this or other wedding-related topics, please leave a comment or email email@example.com so we can get back to you.
Source: Perfect Wedding Guide
We've had a long, cold winter but for all of you spring & summer brides and grooms, your wedding day will be here before you know it! Favored by Yodit Events has a few summer dates left. Let us design the perfect planning package to assist in the beginning or final stretch of wedding planning. Contact us for your complimentary consultation today!
Hey 2015 Bride to be's! Congrats on getting engaged! Don't know where to begin? Don't know what questions to ask before you buy? Looking to save money and give your wedding a personal touch? At Favored by Yodit Events we are here to help you discover practical tips and unique ideas for your big day!
Here is a list of some great events for all our lovely Favored Brides which can help decide on the rest of your wedding professional vendors.
Enjoy and let us know if you will be attending!
Washington Wedding Experience
Sunday, January 18, 2015
11:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Patriot Center (Fairfax, VA)
Baltimore Bride’s Aisle Style
Sunday, January 25, 2015
11:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Lord Baltimore Hotel
Washingtonian Bride & Groom Unveiled
Sunday, January 25, 2015
11:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Fairmont Hotel Washington, D.C.
Discover the Washington area's best vendors at these all-day wedding experiences!
July is a peak season for weddings and engagements so Im excited to share a new Real Engagement Story from two love birds that flew into my heart a couple of months ago. Being from the area I'm used to working with lots of friends from school, work and just seeing people around the area at events and today's featured couple is no different. I have known and worked with the soon to be groom, Kwame for many years through special events with his company J&K Productions and mine, TALK OF DC in the past and always admired how calm and collected he was under pressure. So I was elated when he asked to assist his fiance, Janira and him on planning their 2015 wedding here in the D.C. area.
Working with them has been similar to how I remember Kwame in the past, very easy going, fun and organized. They trully are a great team and have each others back no matter what which is so important in marriage and I couldnt be more happy to see a friend so truly in love. Since the couple is based in Texas, we have utilized lots of email and phone calls to go over much of the wedding details for decor, vendors, venues, etc. So I'm excited to have our first couples meeting in the next few months when they visit the area to meet with possible vendors.
Below is a snippet of the submission that Kwame sent to Amber Studios for an Engagement Photoshoot Contest, that the couple actually won thanks to all their friends and family voting on social media! His sweet words were definitely deserving for the picture contest. Enjoy!
Praise The Lord she said “YES!”
"My morning began after a restless night of tossing and turning in anticipation for the day to come. I couldn’t stop thinking about how my best friend, Janira Teague, is truly the love of my life. I was also very concerned about every detail of the proposal I was about to deliver later that day. I just wanted everything to be perfect. So, I went to the restaurant, CoCo Sala to put my plan in action. Coco Sala, is where we had our very first date and a where Janira mentioned she wanted to one day get married. Not in the restaurant of course, but up on their beautiful rooftop overlooking the Nation's Capital.
On that rooftop the restaurant’s manager helped me decorate the space with a single table, candle, 2 glasses of champagne, my sweethearts favorite sweet… a red velvet Georgetown Cupcake and 22 pink roses. The flowers represent her favorite color and the number of months we dated, 22. A few hours later, Janira and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at the Coco Sala Restaurant. She had no clue about the proposal, but after dinner she asked me if I thought the manager would let us check out there rooftop venue. Of course he said yes and I took her up to the stars to begin the rest of our life together.
Just thinking about that day makes me realize how lucky I am to have found my soul mate. God blessed me when he brought Janira into my life and he continues to strengthen our relationship every day. My beautiful fiancé brings out the best in me, helps me to be a better person.
Now I would love to show the world how wonderful her spirit shines from the inside out and I’m confident that “The Amber Studio” photography will beautifully capture that essence.
The Happiest Man On Earth
-AKA- Kwame White
Check out Amber Knowles with The Amber Studios here.
Looking for a place to sell that cake stand you will never use again, or those table runners you just knew you would keep forever? Check out Ruffled! This site has everything from dresses, to linens, to candle holders. Ruffled is organized by state to make it easy to buy and sell all of your wedding items in your area. So before you pay full price at a popular retailer, check out the recycle your wedding blog on ruffled.com.
Apps for smart phones and tablets have become a staple in everyone's lives. Whether you use them to pay bills, social media, shop, or play games there is definately an app to make every aspect of your life easier and weddings are no exception. If you type weddings into the Apple App store, over 1,900 different applications come up. Everything from balancing your budget, a brides checklist, seating charts, finding the perfect dress, and sharing wedding photos is in the app store. I was shocked at all of the different options. Below are a few that I thought were pretty amazing and would be helpful to any bride to be.
1. Wedding Party: Collect wedding photos from all of your guests in one place.
2. WeddingHappy: Asks your anticipated wedding date. Then it builds you a customized to-do checklist with suggested due dates
3.Wedding Dress Look Book by The Knot: On-the-go shopping source for the hottest wedding dresses. You'll get listings of wedding dress salons that carry that wedding dress you've been dying to try on.
4. The Married App for Wedding guests: Live photo sharing, photo booth, event info and directions, song requests, schedule, and much more!
5. Wedding Countdown: A highly customizable countdown app to your big day
Have you used any of the apps listed above or any wedding apps period? Tell us which ones are your favorite!