It has been said, "when you know, you know." And if you're a man and reading this blog then that must mean you're ready to POP the question. However, there's a lot more to it then just dropping a whole lot of dough on a ring. You will need a proposal, and not just any proposal, one that will knock her socks off. One she'll be telling your grandchildren about like it was yesterday. Have you been tossing and turning while thinking of the perfect way to propose? Don't fret. There's certainly not a lack of information out there to assist you in planning and executing the task at hand. But if you're looking for a few ideas that won't break the bank here are some way to propose for under $100,
Proposing ideas for $100- $50
- Arrange a surprise proposal with a street caricaturist. Have him sketch a picture of you two with word bubbles. Yours will read, "Will you marry me?" and hers will say, "Yes!" This is a very cute idea and from the research I've done it would be roughly $75-100. And you'll have something to frame to commemorate this exciting event.
- Make the box holding her ring a selection on the dessert tray at your favorite restaurant. Well, I'm going to assume you're not taking her to a hole in the wall down the street but a fancy intimate place. I mean, if they have a dessert tray, you know it's going to be a little pricey, $75-$100 easy. Of course you'll have to order some champagne, which will add a few more dollars to the grand total.
- Gather your families together for a barbecue and make it a family affair. This proposal can range from $50 to $100 easy but it will be an event the whole family will be thinking about for years to come. A way to cut costs- make it a potluck and have family members bring a dish.
Proposing ideas for $50- $15
- Slip the ring on her finger while she's sleeping and wake her with champagne and strawberries. At first, the gesture will simply seem romantic -- the real surprise comes when she notices her new piece of jewelry. A nice bottle of champagne is about $12-23 and you can get chocolate covered strawberries at Publix or your local grocery store for about $2 each. $47ish
- Propose in a flower or botanical garden when everything is in bloom. Depending on where you live, a botanical garden roughly cost $12-20 dollars a ticket. If you take her there while everything is in bloom $40 will seem like a good value- make sure to bring your camera.
- Go out for a night of dancing and ask the DJ or bandleader to pass you the mic so you can dedicate a song and propose on the dance floor. Talk about shock and awe! You can expect to about $10 a person to get into any busy club, so about $20 total, but one unforgettable proposal!
- Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off and wait for the inevitable gasp. I took at look at Amazon and found these stars online for about $15 because I had no idea where you'd purchased them otherwise. Quick things to keep in mind however, make sure she's not there when the package is delivered. A girl always has to know what's in the box.
Free ideas for proposing:
- Play hangman and have the phrase be "Marry me." Pencil plus paper equals free.
- Go to the beach and casually build a sand castle and place the ring on the highest turret. Then invite her to admire your handiwork. It doesn't cost anything to go to the beach, just remember to bring sunscreen. Free
- Scrape your proposal into the frost on her car's windshield (winter)- Free
Then be sure to contact us here at Favored by Yodit Events so we can help you plan the wedding of her dreams!