Its National Strawberry Day! Here's some inspiration for strawberry themed weddings, bridal showers, brunches and more!
A strawberry theme is perfect for a summer outdoor wedding.
Strawberries themes also work well for formal indoor weddings. Place jars of fresh jam on each table setting for charming (and delicious!) wedding favors.
And who doesn't love brunch? Start your day off an a sweet note with strawberry smoothies and parfaits.
Sweets tables are a growing trend and guest favorite. Whether you're hosting a birthday party, wedding or brunch a sweets table is a must!
Here are some fun and easy recipes to get the party started!
Ingredients: strawberries , champagne.
Directions: puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Pout puree into a glass and top with champagne.
Strawberry shortcake parfait:
Ingredients: 1 large angel food cake (plain), 2 pkg fresh strawberries( frozen is fine), 1 tub of cool whipped topping, strawberry mousse.
Directions: Make strawberry mousse according to recipe, Blend one pkg of strawberries to make puree (I used pulse for this), and the other pkg cut strawberries in half, put aside. Cut angel food cake into three sections. Layer bowl first with one section of angel food cake, (w) topping, strawberry puree, mousse, and a layer of cut strawberries
For the filling:
- around 1 pound of fresh strawberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp is easiest to work with but mine was chilled)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Remove hulls from strawberries and slice them in half. Put them in a bowl, sprinkle them with sugar, gently mix them and then set them aside. Meanwhile, prepare the crust:
For the crust (adapted from David Lebovitz)
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz) butter
- 1 tablespoon oil (I usually use canola but this time I used coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In an ovenproof bowl (such as a Pyrex) mix first five ingredients. Put the bowl in the oven for around 15 minutes (the edges will be brown and the butter will be bubbling).
- Carefully remove the bowl (it will be very hot) and quickly mix in the flour until it forms a ball of dough.
- Place the dough into a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom and spread it around with a spatula. When it is cool enough to handle, press it into bottom and sides of the pan with your fingers. Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork around ten times and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
While the crust is baking, place the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. After around 30 minutes, there should be some liquid in bowl of strawberries. Drain it into the cream cheese and mix everything together. You can do this by hand, but a mixer or hand blender will be faster and make it smoother.
When the crust is cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of the tart. Arrange the strawberry slices over the cream cheese and chill. Slice and serve.
That’s it! Enjoy!